Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feeling nervous

After my less than expected 503 result... I passed but there were still tears with the result! I am feeling very nervous. I had days off, sleepless nights and I am hoping my hard work has paid off. I can't remember working this hard in any of my bachelor or masters degrees (Im a sad seasoned uni student!) My husband keeps reassuring me that I've done the best I can do and need to be patient. But the pressure is killing me! My new knowledge has made such a great impact on my work... people have been noticing, especially my Principal. I just hope I can pass this subject and not doom my job after my less than spectacular first assessment result. How is anyone else feeling about this? Are there any NSW DET people out there sweating the results? I am loving my new position which is permanent pending this course. Oh well, I guess I will know soon enough! How is everyone else feeling?

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I was less than impressed with my 503 result and wonder what more I have to do,I also spent hours and hours as well (just Passed), I wonder if I am I missing the point or am I just hopeless?

    I did however feel better when I got my 401 feedback online this morning. It was a much better result, but it needed to be and the hours of work paid off.
    I really think we need to remember that we are learning a lot and the job we do does impact positively on our student's learning outcomes. A job that is sometimes thankless is worthwhile when the kids give you positive feedback and are actually learning to be lifelong learners as well.
    No doubt, we will all have more tears and angst in semester 2, it seems to be par for the course. Hang in there, you are GREAT at what you do ;) See you in a couple of weeks, save me a seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo....thanks :) Thats great you're finished! I'm still waiting for my 401 result, I put soooo much effort into it so I'm anxious for my result. 503 was devastating. I passed the subject but it did not reflect my work. Thanks for the kind words they're very needed haha After 503 I felt totally worthless. Looking forward to catching up in few weeks. I hope they have more fantales :)

    ReplyDelete